December 18, 2008
As 2008 draws to a close, top lists and rankings begin to make the press. I’m always interested in some of the least expected rankings. The 10 Biggest Technology Surprises for 2008 is worth a read.
Be sure to check out the slideshow to learn why these shocking stories made the list.
1. Windows crumbles. Not!
2. Tech couldn’t stop the financial meltdown
3. Virtualization. It’s alive!
4. Cloud computing
5. Green IT
6. Apple as the enterprise champion
7. Forget innovation, let’s just buy something. (remember Microsoft and Yahoo?)
8. The big switch or the big snitch?
9. The social net election.
10. The Internet.
September 28, 2007
My RSS newsreader is full of more great “top something” reads.
Richard MacManus at Read/WriteWeb recently highlighted 10 future web trends.
10 Web trends to look out for over the next 10 years include:
- semantic web
- artificial intelligence
- virtual worlds
- mobile web
- attention economy
- web sites as web services
- online video / internet tv
- rich internet apps
- international web
If the list isn’t futuristic enough for you, Richard has added 10 more future web trends submitted by his readers:
- Integration into everyday devices
- Data retrievel/manipulation agents
- Read/Write/Request Web (a.k.a. a “living machine agent”)
- User-controlled, open Internet Identity
- New forms of Internet Interaction
- Extended Reality
- Expert Systems
- Personalized Medicine
- Blog reading automatically input into our brain
You’ll have to read the full article to appreciate #10
September 28, 2007
Another top list making the rounds of the web. This one is from ABC News:
3. The New Space Race: Private Tourism
4. OLPC: Public vs. Private Technology
5. Vizio (Plasma TV)
6. HD Movies on your computer
7. Mobile Cell Phone Payments
8. Google Apps
9. Rough and Tumble Gadgets
10. Better Solar Power