the future of IT
December 15, 2007
What’s hot for 2008?
Based on a survey of top executives, CIO Insights highlights the top IT issues for the coming year.
Some of the most pressing IT issues and predictions for 2008:
- Companies slip into slow-down mode.
- IT focuses on e-service.
- Preparing for M-commerce.
- Process improvement will drive IT adoption.
- The world get’s flatter.
- No downturn for the CIO role.
- The CIO role will become more demanding.
- IT’s metamorphosis will continue.
- IT grad shortage will change the face of IT.
- IT outsiders provide inspiration.
- Master data management expands.
- Identity theft epidemic pressures IT.
- Encryption becomes business as usual.
- Virtualization becomes a foundation technology.
- CIOs smooth out SOA’s rough patches.
- IT green revolution expands.
- The need for storage continues to climb.
- Web video becomes business tool.
- Open source grows among mid-markets.
- Users check out Windows and Office alternatives.
View the survey slides here.